2009 DOS PASTORAL CONFERENCE
UPDATED REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Welcoming Letter From the Host Pastor
December 9, 2008
To my dear Brothers in Christ,
St Justin Martyr again has the privilege to host the 2009 Diocesan Pastoral Conference.
The conference will begin on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 7:00pm and will conclude Thursday, February 12, 2009 following Liturgy. His Beatitude Metropolitan Jonah will be our speaker.
You have two options for hotels using Block code: St Justin Martyr:
- The Courtyard by Marriott (904-260-2027). 2.7 miles to the east. The cost is $89.00+Tax per night for two queen beds. Reservation cutoff date is January 20th.
- Holiday Inn Express (904-899-9000). 1.9 miles to the west. The cost is $75.95+Tax per night single occupancy & $89.95 double occupancy. Reservation cutoff date is January 10th.
The Jacksonville Airport (JAX) is about 45 minutes & 33 miles away. If you would like to take a shuttle the cost is between $50-$65; at any of the following:
- Charlton’s Shuttle Service (904) 514 1309;
- Gator City Taxi & Shuttle Service (904) 355-8294 or
- Citicab (904) 425 2222.
So that we have an adequate amount of food for all you must RSVP by January 19th No RSVP- no food for you!
If you choose to arrive early or stay later, there are many fun things to do in the Jacksonville area:
- Jacksonville Beaches—Great beaches, fishing, and fine dining! jacksonvillebeach.org
- St Augustine-- The nations oldest city is about 30 minutes south and offers many historical attractions- Alligator Farm, Fountain of Youth, Castillo de San Marcos (a fort) etc. horse and carriage rides, and many quaint restaurants. staugustine.com
- St Photios Greek Orthodox Shrine is on the main boulevard (St George Street) and offers a beautiful chapel and nice bookstore. stphotios.com
- OCMC- The main offices of the Orthodox Christian Mission Center and they would welcome your visit- an appointment is suggested 904-829-5132. You can visit OCMC’s new building, construction site. ocmc.org
- Downtown Jacksonville, Riverwalk - Many great restaurants and picturesque place to take an evening stroll. coj.net
If you have any questions you may call Rikki Southworth, Office Manager 904-880-7671 (9a-5p, M-Th) or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Updates will be available at dosoca.org.
We look forward to having you with us!
Fr Ted Pisarchuk